Our first charity collaboration is here, and we are so proud to partner with the amazing WDC, Whale and Dolphin Conservation. We launched OneNine5 in 2019 with a shared passion for travel and ocean conservation, our humpback whale logo was an expression of this. Admittedly, we haven’t been travelling far over the past 12 months but that hasn’t stopped whales, with some clocking up over 5000 miles on their annual migration. We are in awe of these majestic creatures and could not be more excited to team up with our friends at WDC.
In support of WDC and their vision of a world where every whale and dolphin is safe and free, we have released a limited edition version of the Eco Essentials Pouch. For every purchase you make, we will donate 20% of that sale to support WDC with their four key goals (keep reading for more on these).
Watching Blue Planet II and the great man, Sir David Attenborough, inspired us to take positive action. After watching the Netflix documentary, Seaspiracy this year, we feel even more compelled to act.
The limited edition, Eco Essentials Pouch
We launched our Eco Essentials Pouch last year to make a difference in the way you carry all those small items and valuables on the move. When you purchase our limited-edition Eco Essentials Pouch, you make the difference for a charity doing amazing things.
Our multipurpose pouch is your place of safekeeping for the essential items you carry inside your bag, backpack or crammed pockets. We’ve listened to our customers and for some the pouch is home to their “bits and bobs”, for others it is the place to pack on-the-go makeup and for the commuters, it keeps their tech organised, and their cables untangled.
If you’re familiar with our products, you will recognise that signature Havelock Blue outer vegan leather, with a waterproof zip to offer extra protection for your valuables inside. The debossed artwork on the front of the pouch, combines both WDC and the OneNine5, whale inspired logos.
The pouch is small in size but big on helpful storage to keep you organised. A range of elastic loops, mesh pockets and a zipped pocket can house your small essential items. And it gets better, the lining of our Eco Essentials Pouch is made from 100% recycled polyester (RPET).
Prioritising durable and premium materials is a key principle of our design process. We have constructed our WDC Eco Essentials Pouch to last. So, whether you’re rushing to work or relaxing on the beach, our pouch is up to the challenge of your daily life. When the time does come to dispose of your well-used Eco Essentials Pouch, send it back to us via our ‘Return to Recycle’ scheme and we will ensure the materials are reused or recycled.
Why do we love whales?
Whales are the ultimate global travellers, whilst we have been stuck at home this past year, they’re a reminder of a big world out there, waiting to be explored and discovered again.
Whilst on their travels, whales perform a vital role to better the health of our shared ocean. They spread essential nutrients around the ocean that enables other marine life to thrive. They are also helping us to tackle rising CO2 levels by capturing carbon in their huge bodies and locking it away for hundreds of years.
Why partner with WDC?
First and foremost, they’re a great bunch of people! We have seen first-hand from a visit to their Scottish Dolphin Centre, they are a team that care deeply about the conservation of whales and dolphins. We feel privileged to play a small part in supporting them.
Whales face some big challenges and WDC are leading the fight to protect them with four goals:
- End the captivity of all whales and dolphins.
- Fight to stop whaling and dolphin hunting in Europe, Japan and around the world
- Work to create healthy seas and maintain protected areas where whales and dolphins need them most.
- Prevent the accidental entanglement and death of whales and dolphins in fishing gear.
How can you get involved?
We’re passionate to do our bit and support WDC, we hope you will join us and purchase the limited-edition Eco Essentials Pouch, with 20% from each sale being donated to the charity.
If you’re as crazy about whales as we are, here’s some more ideas to support them:
- Give them a follow on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Aside from sharing awesome footage, it is the best place to keep up to date on their campaigns and learn a load more about whales and dolphins and how you can help to protect them.
- Support their campaigns. Right now, they need you to sign this petition and call on Norway’s government to stop cruel experiments on live whales. It won’t take you more than two minutes (we promise, because we timed it).
- Adopt a whale or dolphin. When you adopt with WDC, you’ll get to know an individual whale or dolphin. Starting at £4 per month, your adoption will help protect them where they need it most. You will receive updates about your adopted whale or dolphin’s fascinating life - it’s a great gift for all ages.